Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Anniversary Day Scare

Yesterday was our 52nd wedding anniversary, I was at work and feeling very dizzy after being there for about an hour.
I was trying to make myself believe it would go away, but it didn't.

Doris was called and came to the store and took me home.

I felt it would go away, but as the day progressed, it became obvious that it wasn't going away. I finally decided to go to the Emergency Room of the hospital.
I had a bunch of tests and it was concluded that I had "Vertigo".
Actually, I had an EKG, 5 types of blood tests, a CAT scan and a urine test.
I am on medication for vertigo right now and I am not to report to work til Friday. I guess I will use a couple of vacation days to cover my time so I will get paid.
Many of the symptoms appeared to be similar to a stroke, so we were all worried about that, thank god it wasn't.

I was surprised that many of my co-workers were interested in my welfare as they called us periodically to check on my progress. I didn't know they cared that much. It made me feel good.

No comments: