Thursday, November 6, 2008

Our Friend, Bill Conlon, Died Today

We first met Bill and his wife, Shirley about 15 years ago. We became neighbors when we moved to a rental home, next door, between buying another home. My wife got along with Shirley as though they were sisters and Bill and I hit it off right away.
Bill and Shirley would sit on their front porch on nice days during the summer months all the time. People would stop and sit with them, off and on all day long. I gave them the nick name of "The Porch People". Doris would go there 2 to 3 times a week just to talk. Sometimes, I would go too.
Because of their contact with so many people every day, there wasn't anything going on in our community that they didn't know something about.
Bill got cancer about 8 months ago and it was downhill from there. He died today as they were bringing him in the house. I was told a few minutes ago, that he was already in the house and they were leading him to the rented hospital bed when he collapsed. He was gone. He was 61.
I had purchased a lot of natural cancer cures for him, but he refused to take them, believing that the doctors would be triumphant in his cure. I can't help wondering if he would have used the natural cures, would he have died.
My research shows that there are 47 proven natural cures.
We are so sad...

No comments: