Sunday, August 16, 2009

The End Of An Era - Horses

All good things must come to an end.

Yesterday was the last day of the Huntingdon County Fair this year, 2009. Andy was fortunate to have his horses win ribbons and get placed in high positions in their competitions. Two first prizes and one Grand Champion prize.
He said to me that he was no longer able to compete in many things as he was hurt a year ago by a horse at the fair, so he decided to sell his horses while they were hot and loaded with ribbons. They were also becoming unaffordable to keep and giving them daily attention was also getting impossible too.
I was sorry to see them go, as one gets attached to animals, but it was his decision.

Now that he sold them, he decided to buy a pontoon boat that the whole family can enjoy. He convinced me to go half on the cost, so I did. Now we own a boat that I will probably only use once or twice a year - if that.
I haven't even seen it yet.

No comments: