Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Took A Walk

I know if I don't walk, I will get pneumonia. So, I forced myself to walk to the school and back. I used a cane and my strides were only 6 to 8 inches apart (pee-pee-steps). It took me 20 minutes to walk a 5 minute walk.
I have to continue to do the lung exercises as instructed. All these years and it took something like this to have someone instruct me how to clean my lungs. All I have to do is take 10 very deep breaths and hold each one for 3 seconds. Then exhale each one as if it were almost a cough, but not a cough. Do this 2 or 3 times a day and it will bring up all the nasty flem in my lungs that also cause pneumonia. I didn't know that I also had Apnia (I snore heavily) and when I was placed under the Anesthestic, I lost control and couldn't breath. They had to push an airway down my throat very fast, and because of that, I am still coughing up bloody flem with the exercises I am doing.
Doris is really going out of her way for my every whim, but she still is crabby about the little things. She says her leg and knee hurts, so I will blame her attitude on that

No comments: