Friday, September 19, 2008

It's Been 11 Days

It's friday Sept. 19th and it's been 11 days since the hernia repair operation. The area around the operation is always hot compared to the opposite side. At night it hurts quite a lot, in fact, it pulsates pain.
When I sit or bend over, I can feel the pads he placed inside of me. They feel like they are 2 inches wide and 3 inches long and there are two of them. I wasn't aware that they would be felt all the time. Certain ways I move, it hurts just from them.
I have an appointment next week with the surgeon and I will discuss this with him. If it gets worse, I might try to see him sooner.
I have been sleeping on the couch for the last 3 nights and before that on the recliner. I really want to sleep in my bed, but I have tried to lie down in bed and it hurts. The bed is too flat and the recliner and the couch has contour, so it doesn't hurt.
I am going to try to sleep in the bed tonight anyway and see what happens.

No comments: