Monday, September 15, 2008

It's Been A Week

Today is monday and it's been a week since I was operated on. I feel a lot better now even though I can't bend over to pick up something I might drop. (Which I have done).
I don't know how I would have made it this far without access to my laptop. I have been able to keep in touch with the on-line businesses and aquaintences. Most of all, I am able to communicate with my very best friend every day. I feel so trapped here, but I know I will get better, so that's my light at the end of the tunnel.

I still have another operation to go, so I will have to get better from this ASAP so I can endure another painful experience. This time it's the foot and I won't be able to walk very much. I am not looking forward to the foot job and I have been thinking about checking into alternatives.
I guess the question I must ask myself, "Am I getting too old for this kind of medical activity."
I guess if I don't make it it through the next one, then we will know for sure, but then, hey I am only 71 - I have many years to go.

Walking around home or even anywhere else other than work (8hrs a day) seems not to bother me, but the constant hammering of walking on concrete is what I couldn't handle with broken toes.

No comments: