Friday, September 5, 2008

My Daily Thoughts

September 5, 2008
Today was a pretty good day. I didn't have much pain today, so I was able to get some work done on my websites. I sent out about 327 e-mails today to get things up and going.
I bought 2000 HOT leads for $25 and I will start to use them tomorrow.

I am very worried about my best friend, she is obsessing about someone and it is eating her up alive. She has a good friend that lives next door that is doing her best to keep her occupied. I have a unique relationship with her as I am 71 and she is 34 - I call her My Canadian Daughter and I love her as one. I love to kid her about adopting her, sometimes she goes along with it and other times I am not sure. I am doing my best to keep her involved in her websites and advise her as best I can on anything she may ask me about. We used to talk for hours with e-mails and later using the Yahoo Messenger.

I have an operation scheduled for hernia repair, but I am worried about it as the last time I was operated on in that area, I almost died of blood loss. I also have another operation scheduled for October the 8th on my foot. Something dropped on my foot (at work) and I took the Macho approach and didn't do anything about it. Anytime you go under the knife at my age, it's risky.

Sometimes, I have a very hard time talking to my wife (Doris) as she either says she already knows that or she is watching something on TV and feels that I am interupting her. She has become very sharp when I talk to her any more and wants the bottom line first and then won't listen to the middle.

So at the moment I am on a medical leave from my job at the Ace Hardware store and it's really tough being home and no one to talk to except those I talk to on the web. All my closest friends are deseased or I lost track of them and can't find them as they must have relocated and not told me. I feel so alone, except for my internet friend. I wish I could hug her just one time, but I fear that may never happen, but I never lose hope.

No comments: