Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Was Caught By Surprise

Today is Sunday, Sept 21, and I received an e-mail from Rachel, saying that she shared her inner-most secrets with her husband. Not only did she share them, she told him that she would drop everything and go with this man she is obsessed with. All he had to do is ask.
I really believed that she was recovering from all of that and things were going OK. I was wrong.

Rachel needs to recognize that this is an obsession and not love, in any way, shape or form. I want to help her, but I am too far away to be immediately available when she would need me. We all have obsessions in one shape or another. Gambling is an obsession, drinking is an obsession, especially if the drinker is not an alcoholic and sex is an obsession too. Her obsession seems to be targeted to just one person that could care less for her. She has told me that he looks at her as a whore or worse.
She has other friends that live close to her and I think they are doing their best to get her through all of this.

I am so sad for her and feel almost helpless, but I will keep on trying as long as she keeps talking to me. I have gotten to know her over the last year and a half and she is a good person and deserves a good life. I will keep on trying.

I have asked her to talk to me, and she does, but impulsively does things that if she were to ask about, I would advise her a little different, but with good results.

No comments: