Thursday, September 11, 2008

Today Is The Second Full Day

Today is the second full day out of the hospital. Everything still hurts pretty bad. I am going to evaluate whether I should postpone the foot surgery or cancel it all together. I will wait two weeks and then make a decision. It just might be too soon for another operation.

I have not defecated for 3 days and that's not good. I have used Citrucel stool softener and nothing yet, just a lot of gas. Of course, I haven't eaten very much either. I can't sit on the throne and push either, as the pain would be unbearable. I will double up on the laxitive as I think the pain killers are binding me.
I am going to stop taking the pain pills and see how bad it really gets. Maybe I don't need them but I don't know for sure. There is always going to be some pain, so we will see.

Doris is being very helpful, but I wish she would keep quiet and not pick at everything I say and do. Doris must be the only person in the world that is never wrong. Oh well, maybe she is just as upset over my condition as I am - I think I will think of it that way.


No comments: